«REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF WEST BLOOMFIELD West Bloomfield Town Hall Generator Equipment BID #: 08212015 DEADLINE: Thursday September ...»
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF WEST BLOOMFIELD
West Bloomfield Town Hall Generator Equipment
BID #: 08212015
DEADLINE: Thursday September 24, 2015 @ 2 p.m.
The Charter Township of West Bloomfield is requesting proposals from qualified bidders for the
purchase and installation of a Generator and Equipment with related accessories. Sealed proposals
will be received by the Charter Township of West Bloomfield Clerk’s Department at 4550 Walnut Lake Road, West Bloomfield, Michigan 48323 until 2:00 P.M., Thursday September 24, 2015, at which time the name of submitting proposers will be read. One (1) original and three (3) copies of a proposal must be submitted.
The proposal will be for the removal of the existing Generator system, and the supply, delivery and installation of a new Generator System for the West Bloomfield Town Hall, herein described in the specifications. The Town Hall is located at 4550 Walnut Lake Road, West Bloomfield, MI 48323.
A pre-proposal/walk-thru meeting will be held September 8, 2015 at 10am at the West Bloomfield Town Hall, located at 4550 Walnut Lake Road, West Bloomfield, MI 48323, for contractors to familiarize themselves with the conditions of the site and equipment. It shall be the responsibility of the contractor to determine and provide all materials required and incorporate all such items in their proposal.
Bid packages can be obtained at the Township Clerk’s office during normal working hours 8:00 am – 4:30 pm or through the Michigan Intergovernmental Trade Network (MITN) www.MITN.info.
WEST BLOOMFIELD TOWNSHIP RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ACCEPT OR REJECT
ANY OR ALL BIDS AND TO WAIVE ANY IRREGULARITIES.
1. PROPOSAL SUBMITTAL All proposals must be submitted in a sealed envelope or package, and must include the following information on the exterior of the package. No faxed or emailed bids will be accepted.
• Bidder’s Business Name and Address
• Bid number and Proposal Name
• Send proposals to the attention of the Township Clerk, Catherine Shaughnessy, Charter
Township of West Bloomfield Clerk’s Department and address as directed below:
For delivery directly to the Town Hall, 4550 Walnut Lake Road, West Bloomfield, Michigan 48323 US Mail Service: P.O Box 250130, West Bloomfield, Michigan 48325
DO NOT PUT YOUR BIDS IN THE TOWNSHIP DROP BOX.
It is the responsibility of the Bidder to ensure that the proposal arrives on time and at the right place. Any proposals received after the above date and time will be disqualified.
2. PUBLIC INFORMATION All submitted proposals and information included therein or attached thereto shall become public record upon delivery to the Township.
3. CLARIFICATION OF RFP Any significant explanation desired by a Bidder, regarding the meaning or interpretation of the RFP must be requested with sufficient time allowed for a reply to reach all prospective bidders before the submission of their bids. For questions regarding the bid contact Dave Grayson at (248) 318-9330 or Marshall Labadie @ 248-451-4833 for general bidding questions contact Catherine Ellerson, Purchasing Agent, at (248) 451-4801 or email@example.com Any information given to a prospective Bidder concerning the RFP will be furnished to all prospective Bidders as an amendment or an addendum to the RFP, if such information would be of significance to uninformed Bidders. The Charter Township of West Bloomfield will make the sole determination as to the significance to uninformed Bidders.
4. RIGHT TO REJECT PROPOSALS AND WAIVE INFORMALITIES
The Township reserves the right to reject any or all proposals, to award the contract, not award the contract, split the award after review of the proposals, and award more than one contract. The Township reserves the right to reject low proposals or to accept a higher proposal, to negotiate terms and conditions, to waive any irregularities and/or informalities, and to accept or reject any item or combination of items. The Township reserves the right to award the project to the Bidder it deems to best serve the overall interests of the Township and reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals received in response to the Request for Proposals.
Any acceptance of a bid shall not be binding on the Township until the award of contract has been approved by the Township Board, and until the Contractor has submitted the signed Contract, proof of insurance, and satisfied all acceptance conditions. The Township reserves the right to continue to review, evaluate and investigate all bids and Contractors until there is a binding contract between the parties.
5. RESPONSIVE PROPOSALS
Companies are expected to examine the RFP requirements and all instructions. Failure to do so shall be at the company’s risk. The proposal shall substantially conform to the terms, conditions and specifications of this Request for Proposal; otherwise, it may be declared nonresponsive and rejected. Bidder shall provide a straight forward, concise description of the capabilities to satisfy the requirements of the Request for Proposals. The person signing the proposal must initial all erasures or other changes. If any person contemplating submitting a proposal is in doubt of the true meaning of any part of the specifications or other conditions with the RFP, they are advised to call and have the portion in question clarified.
6. CHANGES AND ADDENDA TO BID DOCUMENTSEach change or addendum issued in relation to the RFP will be on file in the Purchasing Office. In addition, all changes and addenda will be posted on the township website and MITN website. It shall be the contractor’s responsibility to make inquiry as to the changes or addenda issued. All such changes or addenda shall become part of the contract and all bidders shall be bound by such changes or addenda.
7. INTERVIEWS/PRESENTATIONS The Township reserves the right to interview qualifying bidders as part of the evaluation process.
8. PROPOSED PRICE The prices proposed shall be held firm for 120 days or final award of contract, whichever comes first, except the successful proposal prices shall be held firm for the entire contract period. The terms and provisions of this RFP and the Contractor’s response shall become contractual obligations if a contract ensues. Failure of the successful Contractor to accept these obligations may result in cancellation of the award.
9. WITHDRAWAL OF PROPOSAL
Proposals may be withdrawn in person by a bidder, or authorized representative, provided their identity is known and a receipt is signed for the bid, but only if the withdrawal is made prior to the stated bid deadline. No proposal may be withdrawn for at least 90 days after opening except the successful bidder whose prices shall remain firm for the entire contract period.
10. EXECUTION OF CONTRACT If a bidder does not execute a Contract acceptable to the Township within 10 days after being notified of selection, the Township may give notice to the firm of the Township’s intent to select the next most qualified firm or call for new proposals, whichever the Township deems most appropriate.
11. LIABILITY FOR COSTS The Township is not liable for any costs incurred by firms with regard to this RFP.
12. TAX EXEMPTION Municipalities are exempt from Michigan State Sales and Federal Excise taxes. Do not include such taxes in the proposal figure. The Township will furnish the successful bidder with tax exemption certificates when requested.
13. INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESSThe Contractor shall, at its own expense, protect, defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Charter Township of West Bloomfield, its elected and appointed officials, employees and volunteers and others working on behalf of the Charter Township of West Bloomfield, against any and all claims, damages (including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special and punitive damages), costs, lawsuits and expenses including, but not limited to, all costs from administrative proceedings, court costs, and attorney fees, that may incur as a result of any acts, omissions or negligence of the selected firm, its employees or agents or its subcontractors of sub-subcontractors, or any of their officers, employees or agents which may arise out of the contract.
The Contractor’s indemnification responsibilities shall include the sum of damages, costs and expenses which are in excess of the sum paid out on behalf of or reimbursed to West Bloomfield Township or its elected and appointed officials, employees and volunteers, or by the insurance coverage obtained and/or maintained by the selected firm pursuant to the requirements of this RFP and the contract entered into.
14. INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
The Contractor shall secure and maintain during the term of this contract insurance in the types and amounts specified in Attachment A, from an insurance agency authorized to do business in the State of Michigan, whose rating is satisfactory to the Township’s Risk Management Advisor. The Contractor shall be required to provide a certificate of insurance evidencing the required coverage prior to execution of the contract and the policies shall include the additional insured language. See Attachment A. In addition, a copy of your current insurance coverage should be attached to this bid.
15. IRAN LINKED BUSINESS
In accordance with Michigan Public Act 517 of 2012, the Iran Economic Sanctions Act, MCL 129.311, et seq., effective date 4/1/13, all vendors must certify that they are not an “Iran Linked Business” in order to submit a proposal. The act prohibits individuals who have economic relations with Iran from submitting bids on RFP’s with the state or any other public entities. The act also includes penalty provisions for submittal of false certifications. See Attachment “B”.
16. MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEETS Safety Data Sheets (SDS) (previously known as Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)) must be supplied when chemicals are part of any order.
17. BACKGROUND CHECKS One week prior to starting work, the successful vendor will be required to supply the attached Criminal History and Background Information form (Attachment C) for all employees and subcontractor’s employees who may be working on the jobsite. Those employees passing the background check will be allowed on Township property.
18. PERMITS AND FEES All necessary permits, inspections and registration fees required by the West Bloomfield Building Department are the responsibility of the selected vendor.
19. SUBSTITUTIONS Unless noted by the provision “NO SUBSTITUTE”, the use of the name of the manufacturer, brand or model number used in specifying an item does not restrict bidders to the manufacturer, brand or model number identified. This information is used simply to indicate the character, quality and/or performance equivalence of the product/service desired. In submitting bids on products/services other than as specified, bidder shall furnish complete data and identification with respect to the alternate product/services they propose to furnish.
Consideration will be given to bids submitted on alternate products/services to the extent that such action is deemed to serve the best interests of the Township. If the bidder does not indicate that the products/services proposed are other than specified, it will be construed to mean that the bidder proposes to furnish the exact products/services described.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Township of West Bloomfield is accepting proposals from qualified firms experienced in Generator Systems replacement. The successful bidder shall provide all equipment, labor and materials necessary for replacement of the Generator System. All work shall be performed in a professional manner and shall be in compliance with all Township, State, and Federal and EPA regulations.
It is the Township’s intent to contract with an experienced and licensed contractor to remove one (1) Generator System and replace with Generator system equipment.
It is expected that the Contractor will provide all materials required for this contract and install, test and certify the replacement Generator System. The Generator System is located at the township’s Police Department at 4530 Walnut Lake Road, West Bloomfield, 48323. The Township expects the
selected vendor to provide:
Project Name: West Bloomfield Town Hall -Generator Equipment
Site work access hours will be from 7:30am – 4:30pm Monday thru Friday The following requirements and specifications shall be in addition to the other requirements contained herein and shall supersede the other requirements where applicable.
SCOPE Furnish all labor, supervision, materials, equipment, and tools to furnish and install a 250 KW natural gas generator on existing foundation, electrical connections and natural gas supply line.
Additionally, a transfer switch for a 250 KW emergency standby generator shall be installed.
The transfer switch installation and utility work must be completed prior to decommissioning the existing generator and installing new generator. Contractor shall comply with all local, state and federal requirements as applicable. The proposal shall be for generator that can operate under all weather conditions.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTSThe general requirements include, but are not limited, to the following and serve as general
minimum guidelines for the proposal:
1. Brand: Kohler, Cummins, Generac or Equivalent
2. Rating: 250KW Stationary/Fixed Location
3. Voltage: 277/480 Volt, 3 phase
4. Frequency: 60 Hz, 1800 RPM
5. Wireless Remote Alarm that communicates with multiple mobile devices
6. Digital electronic controls (English language displays)
7. Block Heater
8. Battery Charger with conduit
9. Exhaust/emission controls (e.g. muffler, exhaust fan and gravity exhaust louvers)